Newcastle Branch, George and Kathleen Vice Community Room
Saturday, March 7th, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; AND
Sunday, March 8th, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Advanced registration required; space is limited. Register online, in person, or by phone.
Cost $60; includes participant manual.
Recommended that attendees bring a lunch or snack.
This course teaches your teen the fundamental skills they need to start their own babysitting service. A Red Cross certified instructor from React Right Safety Services teaches the class.
– How to give appropriate care for infants, toddlers and school-aged children;
– Dealing with basic First Aid emergencies;
– How to recognize potential hazards;
– What parents expect of a babysitter;
– How to safely find customers;
– Rural babysitting.
Caregivers and support staff for people with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
Presented in partnership with React Right Safety Services.
Note: Bring a teddy bear to practice on!